Jessica and Owen Dixon
Venue: Bedford Lodge hotel and spa
Photographer: Lee Daniels
- How and where did you get engaged? Was it a Surprise?
It was a huge Surprise! We were on holiday in the Dominican Republic on one of the dreamy beaches at the time, it was magical, I had no idea at all that he was planning to propose.
- How did you and your Partner meet?
It's crazy really, it was a night out in a classy pub in Ely, then the rest was history.
- Describe your wedding venue and how you chose it?
We were very much looking for a modern wedding venue and Bedford Lodge ticked all the boxes. We chose this venue because we had visited on many different occasions for events such as birthdays and spa days, so we knew it very well. We wouldn't have picked a better venue.
- How did you find the process of having to postpone your wedding due to covid and then having to rearranging it?
Absolutely horrendous! Trying to re-arrange all of the providers had to be the most difficult part, trying to arrange them all to be free on the same date was so hard. But everyone was really supportive and helped us achieve he special day we wanted.
- What was the most special memory from your day?
How do I even pick? If I had to choose it would be seeing my husband's face light up as I walked down the aisle towards him, it was the best feeling.
- Tell us about your bridal shopping experience, Did you enjoy it?
I loved it! Brides by Solo made the whole experience fantastic; I couldn't have wished for better. They looked after me and the girls from start to finish and they couldn’t have been any more helpful.
- How did you know Mark Lesley '7343' was the one? It's funny really because I didn't choose it myself; Odette brought the dress out for me to try on as a recommendation. I remember saying I wasn’t too sure at first, but she told me to just try it on and ofc I fell in love with it straight away.
- How did you find the alterations process with the dressmaker? Fantastic! Sarah was just brilliant when it came to the alterations. She made me feel a million dollars.
- Any tips you'd give to future brides planning their wedding? Don’t over think (like I did). Just try and take each day as it comes and enjoy it because everything always works out. You’ll have the best day, regardless...even if it does rain.